You can browse all files available for download, including binary packages, at
QmidiNet Files on SourceForge.net.
2018-05-21 - Pre-LAC2018 release frenzy.
- A little hardening on the configure (autoconf) macro side.
2017-12-16 - End of Autumn'17 release.
- Desktop entry specification file is now finally independent
from build/configure template chains.
- Updated target path for freedesktop.org's AppStream metainfo
file (formerly AppData).
2017-04-27 - Pre-LAC2017 release frenzy.
- Added new and replaced old system-tray menu icons.
- Make builds reproducible byte for byte, by getting rid of
the configure build date and time stamps.
2016-11-14 - A Fall'16 release.
- Almost complete overhaul on the configure script command
line options, wrt. installation directories specification,
eg. --prefix, --bindir, --libdir, --datadir and --mandir.
2016-09-14 - End of Summer'16 release.
- Dropped the --enable-qt5 from configure as found redundant
given that's the build default anyway (suggestion by Guido
Scholz, while for Qtractor, thanks).
2016-04-05 - Spring'16 release frenzy
- Allegedly fixed for the socketopt(IP_MULTICAST_LOOP) reverse
semantics on Windows platforms (as suggested by Paul Davis,
from Ardour ipMIDI implementation, thanks).
- Added application keywords to freedesktop.org's AppData.
2015-09-21 - Summer'15 release frenzy
- System tray icon now blinks on network send/receive activity.
- Prefer Qt5 over Qt4 by default with configure script.
- Complete rewrite of Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
- Fixed for some strict tests for Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
2015-03-23 - Pre-LAC2015 pre-season release.
- Reset (to network defaults) button added to options dialog,
which also gets some layout reform.
- Added application description as freedesktop.org's
- Previously hard-coded UDP/IP multicast address (220.127.116.11) is
now an user configurable option.
2014-06-19 - Headless finally.
- A man page has beed added (making up Alessio Treglia's work on
- First attempt to allow a headless application run mode, without
GUI or system-tray icon accessibility, with all options given
as command line arguments.
- Allow the build system to include an user specified LDFLAGS.
2013-12-31 - A fifth of a Jubilee.
- More preparations for Qt5 configure build.
- Added missing blank spaces on some warning messages text lines.
- Preparations for Qt5 migration.
2012-05-22 - JACK-MIDI crashfix release.
- JACK MIDI in-bound buffering was originally flawed and often the
cause for severe random crashes, mostly due to memory corruption,
now hopefully fixed.
- Changed order of JACK MIDI and UDP socket initialization, hoping
the later is always owned by the current genuine process.
- JACK MIDI interface were sinking all incoming events into the
the first port, now fixed (heads up from Chris Goddard, thanks).
- Make(ing) -jN parallel builds now available for the masses.
- Fixed Makefile.in handling of installation directories to the
configure script eg. --datadir.
- Main context menu simple no-brainer reordering.
2010-09-24 - JACK-MIDI bugfix release.
- Fixed serious JACK-MIDI DoS bug, now working as advertised.
- Minor debug mode JACK-MIDI event print out fix.
2010-09-03 - Second public release.
- Attain micro-second precision for JACK MIDI timing, through
home-brew queue sorting pool =)
- Enabling ALSA MIDI and/or JACK MIDI devices is now optional.
- Transparent JACK MIDI support is being introduced. (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Use standard dialog buttons as provided by QDialogButtonBox.
- Context menu is now also triggered when left-clicking on the
system tray icon.
- Message box title confidence fix (whatever it be:)
2010-03-07 - First public release.
This project's Git repository can be checked out through
anonymous (http) access with the following instructions:
git clone http://git.code.sf.net/p/qmidinet/code qmidinet-git
You then need to prepare the
configure script on the just created
qmidinet-git source directory:
Hopefully, you'll be now with a proper source tree, ready for build.
For quite some time there are alternate Git repositories which are kept
in sync with the above sf.net one:
However, this doesn't mean that the QmidiNet
project is about to migrate to brand new hosting whatsoever: the original upstream
source code repository is, will be, as ever was, always kept somewhere else still
in this world and universe.